Sat, 29 Feb|
National Park Veluwezoom
City Alps Trail Running workshop weekend
City Alps trail running training/workshop weekend in Veluwezoom National Park in collaboration with Salomon.
Time & Location
29 Feb 2020, 10:00 – 01 Mar 2020, 14:00
National Park Veluwezoom, Heuvenseweg 6A, 6991 JE Rheden, Netherlands
About the Event
Great that you are interested in joining the City Alps Trail Running workshop.
We are excited to get onto the Veluwezoom trails with you.
There are two options, being a full day or an overnighter.
Please see below a basic itinerary for each option.
10:00 – 10:30 Meet here for welcome coffee & intro to the day (make your own way there by train or shared car pooling)
10:30 – 12:30 Dynamic warm-up and drills; uphill and downhill running technique; power hiking (around 4 kms); testing Salomon trail pack (speedcross 5 shoes)
12:30 – 14:00 Light lunch, discussion on all things gear-related, hydration and fuelling
14:00 – 16:00 We will hit the trails to put everything we have learnt into practice. There will be two guided loop options. The lite option will be around 15 kms and the fuller version around 21 kms.
16:30 to 18:00 Apres-run Beer and Borrel (including discussion on race selection, blisters and common DNF pitfalls; Q&A)
For those overnighting, we hope to arrange a braai for dinner (if weather allows).
8:30 – 9:30 breakfast
9:30 – 12:30 easy longer run. Again, we will try to accommodate different fitness levels. Depending on the group and current training, we will try aim for 30 / 20 / 10 km options.
Cost per person
€69 for the day-out option
€109, plus overnight accommodation costs (depends on whether you are ok sharing or not: 1 person room €59,50, 2 person room €69,50 sharing, 3 person room €83,50 sharing)
What’s included apart from the guided workshop and routes?
· Pre-workshop Rum baba filter coffee and biscuits
· Light lunch and drinks
· 2 beers and borrel for the apres-run
· Everything in the 'day-out' option
· Braai / dinner
What’s not included in both options?
· Day time snacks and drinks
· Sunday lunch
· Transport to and from the venue
· Personal accident and medical insurance for the weekend
What to bring?
· Preferably trail shoes (we will have Salomon shoes to test, not a good idea to do a longer run in new and untested shoes)
· A camel pack or hand-held water bottle for your longer run, with space to fit some snacks/suncream/phone etc
· Please be prepared to run in any conditions (i.e. waterproof jacket, warm base layer, mid-layer, buff, long tights). It’s the Netherlands, so there is always a chance of rain
· Snacks for both days
· Trail running poles (if you have them). If you intend doing anything over 22kms for the dolomiti extreme, we suggest using poles and this is a good time to practice with them
How to get there?
We will see if it's possible to carpool from City Alps studio. You will note that question in the questionnaire. Otherwise its possible to train and bus to the location. We have made the start time a little later, with this in mind.
We are looking forward to this weekend! Once you switch to trail, there is no turning back
This is a members-only event for now. If you have any questions, please do let us know.
We will send you a payment link once you have confirmed.
Dayne & Georgia